Online Dating Profile Examples
<< Return to Main Page —or— Go to Next Page: Writing Messages >>
Here are a few examples of unique online dating profiles. If you wish to understand the concepts behind these examples, please read our tips for writing your online profile.
Example 1: Light-Hearted and Silly
I may not be a supermodel, but at least I smell nice... well, that's what my grandma tells me!
When I'm not busy saving the world or just ‘being awesome', I spend my time working as a bartender and part-time chef. Cooking is one of my greatest passions in life and I dream of one day starting my own restaurant. Ultimately, I'd like to be known for serving the most delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on this side of the Mississippi... my mom's secret recipe is off the hook!
On my days off, you'll either find me playing hockey or belting out show-tunes with my 6-month-old nephew Jason. He says we should take our act on the road, but I think he needs to brush up on his harmonies first.
I'm looking for a partner-in-crime who enjoys the outdoors and isn't afraid to step on the dancefloor from time-to-time. Don't worry if you have 'two left feet' - I spent six years training at the Gangnam-Style School of Dance, and can teach you how to do the hokey pokey for a nominal fee.
Anyway, if you're easy-going and at least 86% awesome, feel free to drop me a line sometime!
Example 2: Genuine and Modest
Hey there, my name's Dave. According to my sister, the girls I've met in the "real world" have been less-than-stellar (even though I thought my dating life was perfectly fine!). So at her request, I've decided to try something completely new and jump into the world of online dating. Here goes...
I'm 28 years old and work as a unit clerk at a local hospital. I can honestly say that I love my job because it gives me the opportunity to connect with people on a daily basis. I work the night shift, which sometimes gets a bad rap, but it also comes with many lifestyle perks. Imagine the luxury of going grocery shopping at 10 AM on a Wednesday morning: fully stocked shelves, no lines... it's a beautiful thing! :)
I am very close to my family and I make sure to spend at least one day a week doing something fun with my siblings. Whether we're watching a movie, playing soccer or jamming on the piano, we always have an amazing time together.
I like to focus my energy on collecting experiences as opposed to 'things' and would much rather spend my money on a trip to a foreign country than on a fancy new car. I'm the type of person who likes to seize opportunities and make the most of every day. Above all else, I value honesty and kindness in a partner, so if you're a genuine person with a lust for life, send me a message!
Example 3: Simple, Funny and To-The-Point.
1. Sarcastic, sophisticated, witty, dorky, sensitive and free-spirited. Also a fan of adjectives.
2. A wizard in the kitchen. Gordon Ramsey once told me that I was his idol... Ok, maybe not, but I'm sure he'd love the flavor of my home-made gnocci.
3. Nomadic Adventurer. I've set foot on 5 continents and have a thirst for exploring more. I hope to one day go vacationing on Mars as I've heard the mountains are glorious.
4. Full of random (and oftentimes useless) information. I will kick your butt at Trivial Pursuit.
1. Intelligent, sweet, down-to-earth and adventurous. Bonus points if you're a little bit quirky.
2. An ambitious go-getter. I'm attracted to people who set big goals and put all their effort into pursuing them. Even if your life's dream is to become the world's greatest thumb-wrestler, I totally dig it.
3. A non-smoker... or at least trying to quit. As open-minded as I am, I have to draw the line at cigarettes. I can't stand their smell and don't want to be around smoke all the time.
4. Pet-friendly. My cat Felix loves to meet new people, but if you're allergic to fur, the two of you probably won't get along. :(
Me + You: An undeniably awesome couple with amazing chemistry. Let's make the world jealous!
Example 4: Goofy and Sarcastic
I tie my own shoes, brush my own hair, and make my own bed... (well, only if my mom isn't at home.)
During the day, I can be found sitting in an office cubicle, feverishing tapping my phone with hopes of getting a new high score on Candy Crush. I like to spend my evenings watching re-runs of Felecity while sipping on a glass of Chardonnay. I play a mean game of rock-paper-scissors (was the national champion for 2 years straight), and love the smell of pop tarts in the morning (part of a complete breakfast!)
On our first date, I'll fly you to Paris on my private jet, where we'll watch Celine Dion perform live in concert. After the show, I'll whisk you away to a private beach resort in St. Tropez, just in time to watch the sun set over the glistening water. Or if that doesn't excite you, we could just grab coffee at the Starbucks on 24 ave.
You should message me if you are Smart, Sexy, Sophisticated, Sassy and Spontaneous. (Bonus points if you have over eight years of experience as a forklift operator.)
Example 5: Straightforward and Down-to-Earth
I'm a graduate of Texas Christian University, where I majored in Post-Modern Literature. Yup, that's right, reading is my biggest hobby... 80% of the time you'll find me with my nose deep in a book (except on Sunday nights from 9 - 10 PM when Breaking Bad is on - GO HEISENBERG!).
Travelling is also a major passion of mine, and I spend a lot of my free-time planning out future adventures. I would love to travel through South America sometime, especially Argentina. Something about the culture just speaks to me... not to mention, they make fantastic wine.
I have an 18 month old german shepherd named Ringo - he unfortunately lost one of his legs in a car accident, but he's still the cutest thing on the planet! I love animals and hope to meet someone who shares this passion.
As for the kind of woman I'm looking for... she knows what she wants out of life and has her finances in check. She enjoys the outdoors, tries to eats healthy and likes to take a midnight stroll from time-to-time.
Please Note: If you can't go 5 minutes without checking Facebook on your phone, we're probably not a good match. However, if you enjoy having thought-provoking conversation and aren't afraid of the occasional spirited debate, give me a shout!
Example 6: Funny Introduction
A friend told me that online dating sites are frequented by some very strange people, so I figured I should filter out a few folks by asking some serious questions. Please answer carefully:
1) Are you a fan of Justin Bieber?
2) Have you watched more than 2 episodes of Jersey Shore?
If your answers to both questions was 'no', then congratulations, you've passed the first test! If you answered 'yes' to either question', then I'm afraid there's no way we'll get along, sorry!
Now that we've gotten the formalities out of the way, let me introduce myself... I am a second-year college student, hoping to major in art history. Renaissance-era paintings make my heart glow and I would love to one day share my passion with others by becoming an art professor.
On a typical Friday night I am probably attending yoga class, or biking down one of the many gorgeous trails in our city. I'm the type of person who will do things on a whim, and I'm looking for a partner with the same mentality.
I make an effort to eat raw foods as much as possible, but I've been known to indulge in a Big Mac on occasion. (I must admit, there's no better cure for a hangover than two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!)
Anyway, if you're a laid-back intellectual who can appreciate a freshly made quinoa salad and the occasional chai latte, send me a message.
Example 7: Sincere and Sweet
Howdy! My name's Clint, and I'm here to steal your heart (with your permission, of course). Cheesy lines aside, I thought it would be fun to try out this online dating thing, as many of my friends have recommended it. Apparently, you can meet some pretty cool people online (who would've thunk?!). So without further ado, here are a few tidbits about myself...
I spend my days working as a Social Media director at a nationwide travel agency. In a nutshell, this means I get to fly across the country and make posts about our company on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. The traveling is exciting, however the nature of my job has sorta, kinda turned me into an internet addict. 9 times out of 10, when I enter an unfamiliar building, the first thought that comes to my mind is: "Does this place have wi-fi?". Fortunately, I find time to play baseball twice a week, which keeps me from turning into a potato.
My biggest passion in life is music. I LOVE Bon Jovi, Journey and Van Halen (and pretty much every other hair band from the 80's!). There's nothing quite as exhilarating as strumming on a six-string with my friends as we sing classic rock songs at the top of our lungs.
Family is very important to me, and I make it a point to have dinner with my folks at least twice a week. It has always been a dream of mine to have a large family of my own one day - the more kids the merrier.
Five things I couldn't do without:
- The Internet
- My Guitar
- My Dog Rex
- The New York Yankees
3 random facts about me:
1) I learned how to juggle chainsaws from my neighbour who used to be a clown in the traveling circus. This may not seem a particularly useful skill, although I'm confident it will come in handy at some point in the future.
2) I once ate 34 chicken McNuggets in one sitting after being dared by a friend. Needless to say, I wasn't very active for the remainder of the day.
3) My mom is a massive Barry Manilow fan. This resulted in me subconsciously learning the lyrics to every song on his "Tryin' to Get the Feeling" album by age 8.
Anyway, if you're not allergic to musicians or a clever sense of humor, feel free to send me a message!
Example 8: "Bullet Point"
Approach Hey folks, my name's Jessica. I assume you probably want to know a few things about me other than the fact that I like "hanging out with my friends" and "going on vacation", so here are a few random tidbits:
- I have a rewarding career that centers around one of my greatest passions (Hint: it may involve a small, Italian plumber named Mario :)
- I LOVE green peppers! Not sure why, but they just make me feel so good inside. Especially on a thin crust pizza - yum!
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. Each year I make my outfit from scratch, and I usually do really well in costume competitions.
- I have a 5 year old Sharpei named Kobe (yes, after the basketball player!)
- I may have a minor Nutella addiction.
- I don't know what I would do without my older sister - she's my best friend and keeps me sane when life gets crazy.
- It has always been a dream of mine to do a road trip across the United States in an old Volkswagon.
- I taught myself how to balance a bottle on my nose while standing on one foot. It's a completely useless skill, but occasionally wins me free drinks at the pub!
- I've been collecting stamps since I was 7 years old (kinda geeky, I know!). It was something I used to do with my grandmother, and now serves as a way to honor her memory.
- You get 10 bonus points if you think Def Leppard is the best band of all time!
Return to our main page for more Online Dating Tips
Be sure to check out our massive collection of pick up lines. If you're looking for more material to make you laugh, check out our other sites: Quick, Funny Jokes and Yo Mama Jokes Galore!